Allied Health Clinical Council
The Allied Health Clinical Council (AHCC) is an advisory committee to our Board.
The AHCC focuses on strategies to:
- improve health and wellbeing of people in our region through high-quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare
- address issues facing allied health professionals in the region
Allied health professionals across a range of disciplines representing all four local government areas in our region are members of the AHCC.
The AHCC meets four times per year. More detail on the role and purpose of the AHCC is detailed in the Terms of Reference.
Interested in joining the AHCC?
We are currently looking for allied health practitioners to join our Clinical Council. Benefits of joining include:
- Informing the direction of primary care in the region
- Contributing to improved health services in the region
- Networking with other allied health professionals
- Keeping informed of new initiatives
- Developing your governance and leadership skills
Members are remunerated for their time, and we offer online attendance to make it easier for members across the region to participate.
To fill current vacancies, we are looking for practitioners working in private practice in the Blue Mountains (ideally dietitians, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, or audiologists). However, we welcome enquiries from any allied health professional in the Nepean Blue Mountains region who is interested to know more about joining the AHCC.
Please complete the form below to express your interest. For enquiries, email our Stakeholder Engagement Team.
- Rebecca Hannon, Exercise Physiologist
- Dr Anne Lyell, Chiropractor
- Gobika Srikanthan, Pharmacist
- Sally Webb, Physiotherapist
- Rudi Crncec, Psychologist
- Jillian Harrington, Clinical Psychologist (Chair)
- Emily Standen, Physiotherapist
Allied Health Clinical Council Achievements
Allied Health in Primary Care Engagement Framework
The National PHN Cooperative has launched the Allied Health in Primary Care Engagement designed to strengthen the engagement between the Primary Health Networks and the allied health sector. The vision is to implement it across all 31 PHNs to encourage a consistent approach to working with the Allied Health sector.
Have your say
We invite you to submit your ideas and suggestions to AHCC.
For more information, email our Stakeholder Engagement Team or call 4708 8100.