Allied Health Clinical Council
The Allied Health Clinical Council (AHCC) was formally established in 2016, and represents allied health professionals from a range of disciplines, in our four LGAs (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith).
AHCC advises the Board on recommended strategies to address region-wide issues facing allied health professionals, while also considering the unique needs and concerns of each local community.
We engage with allied health professionals to support better health outcomes for our local community by advising on:
- opportunities for building the capacity of the allied health workforce
- improving connections and linkages to primary healthcare
- exploring emerging trends and models of integrated care
The AHCC meets four times per year, with the Terms of Reference (pdf, 423kb) further outlining the objectives, duties, skills and operations of this high-level committee. Our advisory committee members have been working extremely hard during the pandemic with attendance at extraordinary COVID-19 teleconferences.
Allied Health Clinical Council Members
- Rebecca Hannon, Exercise Physiologist
- Dr Anne Lyell, Chiropractor
- Gobika Srikanthan, Pharmacist
- Sally Webb, Physiotherapist
- Rudi Crncec, Psychologist
- Jillian Harrington, Clinical Psychologist (Chair)
- Emily Standen, Physiotherapist
- Chris Scanlon, Podiatrist
Allied Health Input and Involvement
You are welcome to submit your ideas and suggestions to AHCC, as well as learning about some of the other ways we engage with allied health professionals in our region.
Allied Health Clinical Council Achievements