The Nepean Blue Mountains region population is ageing. Older people aged 65 years and older comprise 14.1% of the population and this is expected to rise to 20.7% by 2036.
The Australian Government established the My Aged Care website to help you navigate the aged care system. If you need some help, the My Aged Care team can answer most of your questions over the phone. For further question please call 1800 200 422.
Aged Care Resources
Aged Care Programs in Our Region
Palliative Care Resources
- The PEACH (Palliative Care Home Support Packages) Program provides care packages to palliative care patients in their last days of life who wish to die at home. GPs can refer eligible palliative care patients by completing the referral form
- Palliative Care Australia - provides a range of information including a directory of services which aims to improve access to, and promote the need for, palliative care
- CareSearch - an online resource designed to help those needing relevant and trustworthy information and resources about palliative care
- Carers NSW - Point of contact for the general public, service providers, general practitioners and other health professionals for information on community, aged and disability services and carer support
- Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres - information centres for older people, people with disabilities and those who provide care and services. Centres provide free and confidential information on community aged care, disability and other support services available locally, interstate or anywhere within Australia
Aged Care Services