Disaster Grants for Vaccine Providers
General practices and pharmacies that provide COVID-19 vaccines are encouraged to apply for a Disaster Grant as part of the Federal Government’s response to the 2022 floods and significant rain events. These grants are to ensure service continuity of COVID-19 vaccinations for communities, during and after disasters. These Disaster Grants may be used for purchases or expenses arising from the 2022 floods, or to help prepare for future disasters.
Who can apply?
General practices and community pharmacies that are authorised providers of COVID-19 vaccinations in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith LGA's.
- Level 1 - $1,000 (ex GST)
- Level 2 - $2,500 (ex GST)
- Level 3 - $5,000 (ex GST)
What can be funded?
Examples of eligible purchases and initiatives include:
- Small infrastructure to support business continuity, e.g. generator, vaccine fridge, portable vaccine esky, electronics or other essential supplies and equipment
- Repairs and maintenance from flood/water damage
- Costs associated with replenishing of consumables
- Reimbursement of additional staffing costs to administer COVID-19 vaccines during the floods
- Purchase stockpile of consumables e.g. dressings, batteries
- Communications equipment e.g. portable power banks, AM/FM battery radios, portable modems
- Training in emergency and procedural medicine for GPs and practice nurses
How to Apply
Round one applications will close 5:00pm Monday 6 June 2022.
Applicants must complete the Grants Supplier form in addition to the form below in order to complete their application.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis by Wentworth Healthcare, and successful grant recipients will be notified via email with a Letter of Agreement, which needs to be signed and returned. Round one applications close 6 June 2022, or when funds are fully expended, whichever occurs first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are general practices and pharmacies that do not administer COVID-19 vaccinations eligible for these grants?
No, due to Commonwealth Government funding guidelines, the grants are available only to primary healthcare COVID-19 vaccination providers.
Are the grants per organisation or per site?
The grants are per site, i.e., if a practice or pharmacy group has more than one site, they can apply once for each site.
What evidence do I need to have available if requested?
Grant recipients may be asked to show receipts, paid invoices or other proof of expense, upon request. You do not need to send receipts or quotes with the grant application.
For more information please contact Mari, our Disaster Planning Coordinator, during business hours on 0402 417 784.