11 August 2021
9:30am – 12:00pm
GPs, Practice Nurses, Allied Health Professionals
Whitlam Institute, Western Sydney University, Parramatta Campus
Western Sydney University, Parramatta Campus,
Cnr James Ruse Drive & Victoria Rd.
Rydalmere, NSW 2116
Health Professionals are invited to take a health specific professional development tour of a simulated refugee experience. Throughout this impactful and experiential tour, you’ll experience the journey of a refugee and gain a better understanding of the challenges they face as they are looking for safety and arriving in Australia.
Tours are delivered by guides from a range of refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds and staff from NSW Refugee Health Service.
The tour will help you to:
- Understand how the refugee experience can impact well-being.
- Develop your understanding of risk factors for this group.
- Improve your ability to engage effectively with people from refugee backgrounds.
- Tours commence run between 9.30am and 2.30pm and depart every 30 minutes.
- Tours take up to 2.5 hours.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before start time and allow for travel and registration processes.
- Travel by public transport is recommended.
- Vehicle parking on campus is limited and requires payment.
For further informatin visit https://refugeecampauburn.com.au/
Please book your tickets by clicking the link below and selecting your preferred time.