We are funding scholarships to support registered nurses, working as permanent employees in general practice or residential aged care facilities in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow or Penrith.
The course is being offered through the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) to enable practice nurses and registered nurses in aged care to become accredited at providing vaccinations for patients as authorised nurse immunisers.
Authorised nurse immunisers who have completed an immunisation course will be able to provide immunisation to support the COVID-19 vaccination and/or the infuenza immunisation programs. This opportunity will increase the capacity of nurses in our region to provide vaccinations to our health care workers, vulnerable populations and general community. Additional specific training will be required to administer the COVID-19 vaccine, which will soon be made available. Please refer to the Australian COVID Vaccination Policy for further details.
Scholarship application process
- Registered nurse applicant will review the course information with the ACN to ensure they meet the admission requirements.
- Applicant to complete the ‘Expression of Interest’ (EOI) form below.
- Wentworth Healthcare will notify you via email if your application is successful.
- Wentworth Healthcare will notify ACN if approved to proceed.
- Wentworth Healthcare will send the successful applicant the online link to register for a funded position.
- ACN will then email you login details to access the course within 3 working days.
- RN should be ready to commence the course immediately once they receive their notification.
- After login you will be advised that your course enrolment is now active, and will remain active for 120 days.
- RN to successfully complete immunisation course as soon as possible in preparation for the upcoming COVID-19 vaccination period.
The Immunisation for Health Practitioners course is now more flexible as RNs can complete this course in a minimum of 3 weeks (if studied full time) up to a maximum of 120 days. Wentworth Healthcare are accepting applications up until 30 May 2021.
Before completing the EOI please consider if you meet the following criteria with students requiring:
- Access to a computer/laptop and basic computer skills including word processing
- Regular access to and knowledge of using an email account and reliable internet and skills to navigate the digital system
Please note, there are no transfer of applications once enrolled.
Scholarship Expression of Interest Form
To be considered for this training please complete and submit this form no later than 30 May 2021. Applications will only be considered for nurses working in the Nepean Blue Mountains region.